NIS Bringing 3 RPG’s to North America and Europe in 2013 – Disgaea D2, Time & Eternity, The Guided Fate Paradox
NIS has been churning out RPGs for many years, and last night at a press event, they showed off three new RPGs that will be making their way to North America and Europe in 2013, which we’ve detailed below.
Disgaea Dimension 2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3) – Fall 2013 (NA & EU)
A Brighter Darkness is helping to celebrate the 20th year of NIS and the 10 year anniversary of the Disgaea series. Back from the first game, Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, Disgaea D2 features a new storyline where Laharl is now a full-fledged Overlord in the Netherworld. Since many inhabitants of the Netherworld don’t see him as Overlord, he sets out to earn their respect, while meeting many characters along the way.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the features you can expect from the game:
- Enhanced Customization: The character creation system has been completely revamped to allow for the highest level of character customization in series history!
- Master/Pupil System: The player chooses the master and the pupil, as well as which skills to learn! Benefits include new skills and higher weapon proficiencies for the pupil, while the master gets a stat boost!
- Item World: Challenge this battleground to power up your weapons, items, and characters! Prepare to deal massive damage!
- Geo Panels: These status-altering blocks provide bonuses or detriments to the terrain! Change the tide of battle by skillfully manipulating these elemental icons!
- Reunite with old friends and meet a new crew: Bringing back the fan favorite trio of Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, with new characters and a brand-new story!
The Guided Fate Paradox (PS3) – Fall 2013 (NA & EU)
Development duties for The Guided Fate Paradox have been handled by the team behind Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, with the game made as a spiritual successor to Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Vs. Darkdeath Evilman. Taking place in the roguelike genre, TGFP boasts a memorable cast and story, tons of customization, and seemingly infinite replayability.
In the story, you play as Renya Kagurazaka, a high school student who won the lottery in a mall and is now a god. He then travels through the Copy World to affect changes in the Original World to make people’s wishes come true.
- In-depth customization featuring off the wall armor, weapons, and more. Want tank treads for legs? Or maybe race car legs instead? Well, there you go!
- 3D randomly generated dungeons offer floor after floor of surprises! Don’t be afraid to die, you’re God! The levels you gain while dungeon delving will help boost your stats!
- Features the beautiful artwork of Noizi Ito (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Hi-resolution 3D sprites offer sublime visuals while you ogre through the game’s ethereal dungeons! You won’t be alone though, angels are by your side!
- Disgaea-inspired over-the-top special attacks allow you to crush your enemies with
Time and Eternity (PS3) – Summer 2013 (NA & EU)
As described by NIS:
Kamza, a vibrant kingdom located on a lush ocean island, is in the midst of a national event celebrating the upcoming marriage of their princess to a valiant knight. But when a group of assassins appears during the ceremony, this dream come true transforms into their worst nightmare. As the knight lays mortally wounded, the princess reveals her long-hidden secret—there is a second soul living within her, and together they control the power to travel through time. But can they act quickly enough to reverse the course of history and find out what happened that fateful day? Only time will tell…
Will you be buying any of these three? Let us know in the comments below.