Borderlands 2 April 2nd Patch and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Detailed by Gearbox
Tuesday, April 2nd represents a good day for Borderlands 2 owners – not only will a new patch be released, but the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade DLC, which raises the level cap from 50 to 61, will be made available.
Regarding the new DLC, it will be $5, or free to anyone with the Season Pass, and includes the following:
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
As for the free patch, here’s what you can expect:
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium you can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes (full details expected next week)
The future of Borderlands 2 DLC still holds the Psycho Pack in May, where you’ll receive Krieg the Psycho as a playable character, and a fourth piece of campaign DLC by the end of June.
Are you buying the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade DLC? Or are you a Season Pass owner and you get it for free? Let us know in the comments below.