Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS3 Gets an August 27th Release Date, Collector’s Edition Detailed
For what’s felt like years, PlayStation 3 owners have been waiting to play Final Fantasy XIV. Ending that wait in just a few months, Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will release on August 27th at $39.99 for the regular edition.
There’s a couple special offers available to you right now, with pre-orders of the game netting you the following:
- Early access to the game before the servers officially launch
- Mog cap
- Summonable Caith Sith Doll minion
Then at $79.99, there’s the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition (click on the above image for a larger view), which includes:
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn game
- Collector’s box designed by Yoshitaka Amano, Final Fantasy artist
- 80-page ‘Art of Eorzea hardcover art book featuring never-before-seen concept art
- T’he Waning of the Sixth Sun’, a special bonus video disc that takes a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
- ‘Sounds of Eorzea’ album that features musical scores by renowned Final Fantasy series composers
- Five collectable character art cards
- A Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn-branded security token to secure user accounts
- In-game bonus items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding
If you’re wondering how much this is going to cost each month, there’s a free 30-day trial included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.
Are you going to enter the world of Final Fantasy XIV in August? Let us know in the comments below.