The Catch-Up: June 24th, 2013 – God of War: Ascension Patch 1.09 Next Week, July 2013 PlayStation Plus Free Game Announcement Expected Monday
Update: God of War: Ascension patch 1.09 is now available for download. Check out what it does here.
Like most Monday’s, The Catch-Up has quite a bit of news packed into it, so dive in and happy reading!
- Don’t expect to be given any early hints for the July 2013 PlayStation Plus free games in North America during the blogcast this week. Morgan Haro, Mr. PlayStation Plus, revealed that he doesn’t “think we’ll be moving forward with that format on the Blogcast. I may show up from time to time to discuss some other Plus or PSN related topics, but as for the monthly reveals; I think we’re going to stick with fully announcing on Mondays.” So, expect the full slate of July free games to be announced on Monday. I’m hoping for Battlefield 3! [Source]
- Patch 1.09 for God of War: Ascension, which adds 1 vs. 1, won’t be out this week, but Sony Santa Monica is hoping to deploy it next week. [Twitter]
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is currently $19.99 (+ $6.06 shipping) in the Namco Online Store. Quantities seem to be limited, so don’t delay if you want it. [Via]
- Dare to Fly, which uses PlayStation Move, comes to the European PSN this week for £3.99/€4.99. [Source]
- Q Games (PixelJunk series) and Double Eleven (LittleBigPlanet PS Vita) are going to be teaming up on some new game projects. Details haven’t been announced yet (expect them shortly), so stay tuned to PSLS for more information on this partnership. [Source]
- QuickDraw, a PlayStation Move title that you can kind of see in action here, is expected to launch in October for the PlayStation 3, with a PS4 version scheduled after console launch. Another title from developer Greenfly Studios, GlowTag, is also hoping to see a PS3/PS4 release at some point. [Source]
- PlayStation India Country Manager, Atindriya Bose, said Sony is planning to have the PlayStation 4 launch in India this year, hopefully at the same time as Europe. It was mentioned that it could be delayed by “one month at most” due to certain “logistics,” or even more if “there is an issue at the certification level.” [Source]
- Nordic Games, who bought everything else from THQ, picked up the IP rights to Desperados and Silver from Atari. If you have any input for what you want to see done with these, head over to their forums. [Via/Source]
- The European release date for Runner2 is “hopefully” going to be released in the first half of July. Don’t bet on it though. [Source]
- thatgamecompany has just started to receive royalties from Journey, as the game is now profitable. Yay! [Twitter]
- Here’s the Rock-ified box art for WWE 2K14 [Twitter]:
- Watch (and listen to) the Battlefield 4 development team talk about their upcoming game and the Frostbite 3 engine:
- To go along with the box art, here’s the trailer for WWE 2K14:
Final Fantasy XV Characters and Synopsis
Noctis Lucis Caelum
- A childhood affliction endowed Noctis, heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, with the mystical power to see a heavenly light, through which he could sense others’ deaths. Noctis rejects rigid royal conventions and acts as somewhat of a renegade, much to the dismay of those who tend to him. Yet while “Noct” may act brash at times, he does so in defense of those loyal to him.
- As lord of the noble House Amicitia, Gladiolus continues a line sworn to protect the crown. “Gladio” shares a friendship with Noctis that transcends birth and title, and his loyalty to his liege is born not of duty, but of brotherhood.
- Ever the unwavering voice of reason, Ignis was weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from boyhood so that he might one day counsel the would-be king, Noctis. He applies the deep mutual understanding and trust they have built over time to help smooth over Noctis’s brusqueness with others.
- The puckish playboy Prompto befriended Noctis in his school days. He wears a chip on his shoulder as an outsider to the royal circle, but remains eager to do all he can for the cause.
- A living legend of Lucian lore, Lord Commander Cor Leonis’s devotion to the art of war is surpassed only by that to his king. Little love is lost between the ill-starred stalwart and Noctis’s retinue, yet honor binds him to keep watch over the group all the same.
- The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance.
Which character’s name from Final Fantasy XV do you think sounds the funniest? What July games would you like to see go free on PlayStation Plus? Let us know in the comments below.