The Catch-Up: June 26th, 2013 – PS4 Retail Box Contents Possibly Revealed, South Park: The Stick of Truth out November 19th?
Sometimes for The Catch-Up, I have a really hard time coming up with an interesting introduction.
- Ahead of its iOS release next week, it has been revealed that LIMBO passed 3 million copies sold on PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS Vita. [Press Release]
- If you believe Amazon, South Park: The Stick of Truth will be out on November 19th. Since that’s the same day as another Ubisoft title, Watch Dogs, it does seem a little weird that they’d put them together, so treat this as a placeholder right now. We’ll let you know when a hard date is announced. [Amazon]
- Chillingo is bringing four of their games to PS Mobile, which actually started today with Feed me Oil for $1.49. You can then expect iBomber Defense on July 10th for $2.79, Roll in the Hole for $1.49 on July 24th, and Little Acorns for $1.49 on August 7th. [Source]
- The launch of Spartacus Legends hasn’t been a smooth one, with the developers now telling you to delete the game (not the save file) off your hard drive and then re-download a new version they released today, which “resolves several serious bugs.” [Source]
- According to a story by IGN, citing multiple unnamed sources, Sony decided to take the PS4 Eye out of the PS4 console to make it $399 at launch, rather than the originally planned $499. When Shuhei Yoshida was asked on Twitter if this was true or not, he simply replied, “No comment, sorry.” [Shuhei]
- Another unnamed source, this time a retailer, apparently revealed that Rockstar is going to have 3 million copies of Grand Theft Auto V available for launch in the UK. If this is true, and all of those sell out right away, it would easily be the fastest selling game in the UK, eclipsing Call of Duty: Black Ops and its 1.4 million day 1 sales. [Source]
- If you purchased Deadpool on the PSN at $59.99 – $10 higher than retail – check your XMB messages for a $10 credit, expected to show up at some point this week. [Twitter]
- Naughty Dog has announced that they’ll be sharing DLC details and The Last of Us sales “in the coming weeks.” [Check Out Their Site for a Winter Cover Render]
- An image has been making its rounds on the internet, supposedly showing everything included in the box. In this, you’ll find the already confirmed 500GB PS4 console, DualShock 4, HDMI cable, power cord, USB charging cable, headset, and Quick Start Guide, so it does add some credence to this being real [Source]:
- Check out some CounterSpy, due out later this year on PS3 and PS Vita:
Are you going to buy the PS4 Eye anyways? Let us know in the comments below.