Square Enix Confirms gamescom Line-Up, “Further Information” About the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Coming
Square Enix announced their gamescom 2013 line-up today, revealing that the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster would be one of the many titles. Interestingly, they said, “Producer Yoshinori Kitase will also present further information on-stage about this much anticipated title.” While you probably shouldn’t get your hopes up about a release date (they still just say 2013), confirmation that The Last Mission will be included, or any sort of info regarding the PlayStation Vita version, you never know what they have planned.
Here’s the full line-up of titles Square Enix is bringing to gamescom at their booth (B21/C20) in hall 9 between August 21st to 25th:
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Releasing on August 27th for PS3/PC, 2014 on PS4) – Go up against one of the primals in a ‘Battle Challenge’, the Producer and Director will play with fans and sign autographs, the game’s TV commercial will be premiered, and you can take pictures with Stephanie Tripp, actress from the commercial.
- Thief (Releasing in 2014) – Steal a glimpse of the Master Thief in action in a dedicated Thief theatre. This in-game presentation will see Garrett infiltrate the Baron’s manor to steal his most prized possession.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect (Releasing in 2014) – The E3 theatre presentation will be shown off to European gamers for the first time, with visitors able to enter the world of Murdered: Soul Suspect as they find out what it’s like to be a ghost, staring down at their own corpse, in an exclusive interactive photo booth.
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Releasing in February 2014) – Special guests Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Game Design Director Yuji Abe will be on-hand to present previously-unseen elements about the conclusion of Lightning’s saga, also giving fans the rare chance to meet and get an autograph. The game will be playable as well.
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Releasing in 2013) – Attendees will be able to play the HD remaster, with Producer Yoshinori Kitase presenting further information on-stage about this much anticipated title.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (Releasing in September 2013) – HD levels from the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories will be playable.
- Deus: The Fall (Out Now) – Playable on iPad.
As for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, those “will be presented as part of the trailer shows that form part of the scheduled stage shows.”
Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix in Europe and the Americas, said this of gamescom:
We’re excited to be attending gamescom again this year. Gamers in Germany are so passionate and I’m sure our strong line-up of titles and fan activities we have planned for this year’s show will not disappoint.
What do you hope to hear about the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster at gamescom? Let us know in the comments below.