The Catch-Up: August 8th, 2013 – PlayStation All-Stars Island Out on iOS/Android, BioShock Infinite DLC to Debut New Areas of Rapture
I can’t decide if I like the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix title screen, or really hate it.
- The demo for Puppeteer comes to the European PSN on August 21st for PlayStation Plus subscribers, with everyone else in Europe getting access on August 28th. [Source]
- Pre-order One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 from the European PSN to receive all this exclusive content: Zoro & Sanji scenario, Pacifista & Wapol scenario, Robin additional costume: Xingcai from Dynasty Warriors, Prequel Costume: Robin, Prequel Costumes: Zoro, Sanji, Robin. [Source]
- In a weird and surprising move, a new iOS and Android game called PlayStation All-Stars Island is available to download for free on iOS and Android. The island in question is “fictional, fantasy island that has been created to host the best and most exciting characters from PlayStation games, with mini-games based off Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet Karting, inFamous, and Gravity Rush included. It’s nothing like PlayStation All-Stars. [Check it Out]
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist has gone gold, meaning that the game is now complete and heading off to get manufactured. [Source]
- The Best of PlayStation Network Volume 1 bundle is $19.99 at GameStop. [Via/Buy It]
- Ken Levine has confirmed that you can expect new areas of Rapture to be introduced within the Burial at Sea DLC for BioShock Infinite. [Twitter]
- Cabela’s African Adventures is set for release this fall on PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and PC. The new game in the popular franchise features an open-world (but also story-driven) African environment, where you can proceed on foot on in your vehicle. Expect more information about the game soon. [Source]
- Below from Capybara Games was announced at E3 for the Xbox One, but “like many games on stage at E3, Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It’s always been this way.” So, if you thought Below looked interesting, it should hit PS4 eventually. [Via/Source]
- Spelunky on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is releasing “just a little while later” than the PC version, which came out today. So, get your $15 ready for this Cross Buy title (with free-roam co-op on Vita) that will take all your time very soon. [Source]
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix gets a trailer all about the Final Mix:
- PS Access goes behind the scenes of Tearaway:
- A PS3 Visualizer App is coming out on Tuesday through the PSN for $2.99 ($4.99 after two weeks) from Q-Games [Source]:
Do you read this far into the post? Let us know in the comments below.