The Catch-Up: August 15th, 2013 – PS3 Outselling Xbox 360 This Summer in UK, 12 Minutes of Dying Light Gameplay
Thankfully, for my sanity, it looks like things are starting to slow down a little bit ahead of the craziness that will (hopefully) unfold on Tuesday at gamescom.
- According to Alain Corre, Ubisoft’s Executive Director of EMEA, Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag are performing better on PS4/Xbox One than they are on current generation systems. Adding, “When we look at our pre-orders on next-gen, we think these two games can feature in the Top Five.” [Source]
- In slightly funny news, when Madden NFL 25 launches on August 27th, there will be a patch available on day 1 that fixes “vanishing players.” [Twitter]
- As you may have read earlier, Ms. Germinator has been confirmed for release this Tuesday, August 20th. It will be a PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy title for $9.99, with PlayStation Plus members getting 20% off at launch. [August 2013 Releases]
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 will launch in North America on September 3rd for $49.99, exclusively on the PlayStation Network. [Press Release]
- Dragon’s Crown for PS3 and PS Vita launches in Europe on October 11th. We highly recommend it. [Source]
- You can snag Dragon’s Crown on PS3 for 10% off at NewEgg. [Via/Buy It?]
- Thanks to factors like The Last of Us passing BioShock Infinite as the #2 selling game of the year in the UK, the PS3 has been outselling the Xbox 360 this summer in that market. [Source]
- 2K Games teased that their gamescom line-up will include “The Bureau, NBA2K14, WWE2K14, and a glimpse of something else…” [Twitter]
- United Front Games “can’t comment on whether a Sleeping Dogs sequel is in development or not.” Take that how you will. [Twitter]
- Here is the box art for Thief, and a wallpaper [Source]:
- Here’s 12 minutes of gameplay from Dying Light, via IGN:
- It’s all about Heart in PES 2014:
- The third developer diary for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is ready for your viewing:
What did you think of Dying Light? Let us know in the comments below.