Disney Infinity Suffering a “Network Issue Related to the 1.01 Patch” on PS3, Here’s how to Delete it
With the launch of Disney Infinity yesterday, the war between Skylanders and Disney has officially begun, but unfortunately for Infinity, it has stumbled out of the gate on PlayStation 3, with numerous buyers reporting issues.
Since it’s such a widespread problem, the Disney Infinity Facebook account sent out a very detailed guide on how you can still play the game if you happened to download patch 1.01:
We have learned that there is a network issue related to the 1.01 patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity. This is not a software-related issue, and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Players with the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity are still able to play single-player and multi-player co-op modes of the game by removing the patch and turning off their PlayStation’s network communications. These instructions can be found below. We are working diligently to resolve the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information.
To Remove the Patch
- Go to the Game menu of the XMB
- Open the Game Data Utility folder (near the top of the list)
- Highlight the Disney infinity icon with the characters background (this is the patch)
- Press the triangle button on the wireless controller
- Select the delete option
- When asked “are you sure you want to continue?”, select YES
- Patch is now deleted.
To Turn Off Network Communication
- Go to the Settings menu of the XMB
- Open the Network Settings menu (last on the list)
- Select Internet Connection
- Highlight “Disable” and press the X button on the wireless controller
- Network is now disabled
Did you buy Disney Infinity? Let us know in the comments below.