Battlefield 4 Premium Detailed, Battlefield 4 Beta Dated for Early October
During EA’s gamescom briefing (Sebastian summed up his thoughts about it on Twitter), they detailed Battlefield 4 Premium, letting you know that it includes five themed expansion packs, two weeks early access to each, weekly content, and personalization options, all for $50.
EA gave out a few details for each of the five expansion (they all include new maps and in-game content), as well as the rest of the Premium membership, which you can read about below:
- Second Assault (Xbox One Timed Exclusive) – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with Frostbite 3.
- China Rising (December 2013) – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland.
- Naval Strike (Spring 2014) – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea.
- Dragon’s Teeth (Summer 2014) – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare.
- Final Stand (Summer 2014) – Bring the war to its epic conclusion.
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks (packs earned through multiplayer progression containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments)
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4
Patrick Bach, Executive Producer on Battlefield 4, said:
Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in. With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value.
The Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta is scheduled to start in early October, giving Battlefield 3 Premium members, people who pre-ordered the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition, and people who bought Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition three days early access to the beta. Then, an open beta for everyone will open up, showing off the Siege of Shanghai map on Conquest mode.
Battlefield 4 launches on October 29th in North America and October 31st in Europe on PS3/Xbox 360/PC, with a PS4/Xbox One release date set for console launch.
Are you excited for Battlefield 4? Let us know in the comments below.