GameStop Reports 1.5 Million Members on PS4′s First-to-Know List, Xbox One has 700,000
The always exciting GameStop financials for the second quarter of this fiscal year (ending August 3rd) were revealed today, with the company reporting sales of $1.38 billion, an almost 11% drop compared to this time last year. Net income was down quite heavily to $10.5 million, compared to $21 million at the same point last year.
Here’s a breakdown of their sales (via GI.Biz):
- Mobile Sales – $55.1 million (up 121%)
- Digital Sales – $158 million (up 18%)
- New Software Sales – $429.8 million (down over 9%)
- Used Software Sales – $528.7 million (down 6%)
- New Hardware Sales – $147.8 million (down over 19%)
With games like Grand Theft Auto V coming out in this quarter, GameStop expects sales to rise, while Paul Raines, CEO of GameStop talked about the numbers reported for this previous quarter:
Through two quarters, the year has played out as expected. During this console transition period, our financial results have been supported by the continued growth of our emerging businesses.
In an investor call following the earnings report (via GI.Biz), Paul also mentioned how this holiday will represent “the largest console launch in history.” Then, Tony Bartel, President of GameStop, talked about having “much stronger” launch allocations for the PS4 and Xbox One, compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360.
While Bartel didn’t give out specific pre-order numbers, he did talk about how the PlayStation 4 has 1.5 million members on GameStop’s first-to-know list (a list giving you updates on the new consoles), while the Xbox One only has 700,000.
Are on you on the first-to-know list? Let us know in the comments below.
- Shuhei Yoshida Apologizes for the “Atrocious Camera Work” During the PlayStation gamescom 2013 Press Conference
- September 2013 PlayStation Plus Free Games in Europe Include Assassin’s Creed III, Jak & Daxter Collection
- Sony Confirms all 32 Countries the PS4 Will be Available in on November 15th/November 29th