The Catch-Up: August 26th, 2013 – Battlefield 4 is “The First True Next-Gen Shooter,” Metal Gear Solid V Will Have “Stupid Jokes”
Did ya miss me?
- There were 2,250 people who attended GDC Europe, which sets an attendance record for the largest game development show in Europe. The conference will then be back next year from August 11th – 13th, 2014. [Press Release]
- In case you were still wondering, Batman: Arkham Origins “will only be available on the announced platforms and is not coming to PS4 or Xbox One.” Aww. [Twitter]
- Putting itself ahead of games like Call of Duty: Ghosts and Killzone: Shadow Fall, the official Battlefield Twitter account calls Battlefield 4 “the first true next-gen shooter.” [Twitter]
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed IV from Wal-Mart Canada to receive a free copy of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. [Via/PS3/Xbox 360]
- Don’t worry, there will be “stupid jokes” in Metal Gear Solid V, just don’t tell Yoji. [Twitter 1, 2]
- Though PS4, PS3, and PC owners will play on the same servers, Square Enix does “not plan on offering official support for voice chat” in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (out tomorrow on PS3/PC). [Source]
- Sony has filed for the trademark ‘Play On Gaming Rewarded’. Play on, Garth. Play on, Wayne. [Via/Source]
- The Ni no Kuni games on DS and PS3 have reached 1.4 million sold worldwide. [Source]
- If you’re quick, you can grab a used copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for $9.99, or Crysis 3 for $12.99. [Gamefly]
- The release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on the European PSN, which is the only way to get the game in Europe, has been delayed to September 4th. It will run you €44.99/£34.99. [Twitter]
- Diablo III for PS3 is releasing in just over a week, and when it comes to the newly announced Reaper of Souls expansion pack being brought to PS3 at some point, Josh Mosqueira, Game Director, said, “We’ve got Diablo 3 on PC, we released it and then a small team splintered off to work on Diablo for the current consoles. Now the team’s really focused on Reaper of Souls for PC. So if you look at the past, you can probably infer what the future might bring. We don’t have any announcements at this point.” [Source]
- When Ys: Memories of Celceta releases for the PS Vita later this year (GameStop says November 5th) for $39.99, it will be accompanied by a $59.99 Silver Anniversary Edition. This special edition will include a 3-CD collection of original and arranged music spanning the history of the franchise, game items such as a cloth map detailing Celceta, a compass, and Adol’s Travel Journal [Press Release]:
- Expect the final Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 map pack, Apocalypse, to be available in about a month on PS3 and PC, with a new trailer coinciding with the Xbox 360 release showing off some gameplay:
Well, did ya? Let me know in the comments below.