The Catch-Up: September 9th, 2013 – Shuhei Yoshida’s Official Job Title Revealed, Mighty No. 9 Adds PS4/Xbox One as Stretch Goals
I’m not sure, but I think I’m turning Japanese. I really think so.
- Yves Guillemot has revealed that Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon has passed 1 million copies sold, with a retail version of the game being possible down the line. [Via/Source]
- After leaving Twitter forever, Phil Fish’s Twitter account recently linked to four different Vine videos. [Via/Twitter Account]
- Following our initialbreaking of it being a possibility, the ESRB appears to have rated The Amazing Spider-Man for PlayStation Vita. If all this is true, retailers are pegging it for a November release date. [Source]
- Josh Jeffcoat, Game Designer at Gearbox, said of the upcoming Headhunter packs, “Basically, we’re just going to see how people like it. If they like these new smaller-scale campaigns, then we might try and keep doing more of them, because they’re much, much faster for us to make than the full-scale Tiny Tina DLC was.” So, buy them if you want more Borderlands 2 DLC. [Source]
- The Pro Evolution Soccer Facebook Page has uploaded some new pictures, showing off the various game modes of PES 2014. [Check Them Out]
- The Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter has added the PS4 and Xbox One as stretch goals if it gets to $3.3 million because “by the time the game ships in 2015, many of you will be proud owners of one next-gen system or the other.” With the project closing in on $2 million with 22 days to go, a PS4/Xbox One version seems quite likely. [Via/Back It]
- Looks like it will cost $10 (or less) to upgrade from Battlefield 3 on PS3 to Battlefield 4 on PS4. [Twitter]
- The Sony Press Conference for other Asia regions is happening on September 18th. [Twitter]
- The developers of Switch Galaxy Ultra are thinking of adding new game modes for multiplayer, as part of a free update, following the launch of the game. They’ll also be looking at player feedback and reviews to see if there’s anything else that should be added. [Source]
- According to Shuhei Yoshida, his official job title at Sony is “a PlayStation fan, Twitter addict and troll.” There’s also nothing left for the TGS keynote as they revealed everything today. [Twitter 1 , 2]
Episode 5 of The Last of Us development series is all about Joel and Ellie:
Do you think Phil Fish is back? Let us know in the comments below.