The Catch-Up: September 11th, 2013 – Shuhei Yoshida Thinks Journey is a System Seller, SoulCalibur: Lost Swords is F2P, Child of Light Longer Than 10 Hours
After Tekken Revolution and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters, I don’t know if the PS3 is ready for another F2P fighter.
- While those of us in North America are likely having to wait until the very end of the month to find out our October 2013 PlayStation Plus free games, Europe only needs to wait until next week. And apparently they have a “cracking month ahead.” [Source]
- SoulCalibur: Lost Swords, a free-to-play version of the game coming to the PS3, is coming and more information is expected at TGS later this month. So far, Siegfried and Mitsurugi have been confirmed. [Press Release]
- According to Famitsu Magazine, it will take you 20 – 30 hours to complete Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Doing everything offers up 50 hours, while the New Game+ allows you to change the difficulty and use your carried over progress. [Source]
- The last day to pre-order the PlayStation 4 at Future Shop is September 12th at midnight. [Twitter]
- Don’t worry, there will be an updated box art for FIFA 14 in Europe that reflects Gareth Bale’s new team. [Twitter]
- Patrick Plourde, Creative Director on Child of Light, said, “For me Child of Light is as valuable as a 60 dollar game and it’s as long, it’s a long game – more than 10 hours, easily.” [Source]
- Even though they asked nicely, Shuhei Yoshida won’t give out any information about the new PlayStation Vita in North America. [Twitter]
- The character for Grand Theft Auto Online is fresh off the plane in Los Santos and creating their appearance involves choosing your mom, dad, and grandparents. Then, you choose a lifestyle (no word if PlayStation is a lifestyle choice). [Via CVG, Source: Game Informer Magazine]
- Shuhei Yoshida said to Develop, “I think Journey is a system seller in terms of the impact it makes. It may not be that people buy a PS3 to play Journey – but they hear about other people playing it. It proves the breadth of the platform, and I think it proves to non-gamers how broad games can be. That’s a wonderful thing.” [Source]
- Saints Row IV is currently $49.99 at GameStop USA. As good as that is, a little birdy told me that it will be $39.99 in Canada starting on Friday. [GameStop Link]
- PBS’ Game/Show asks if there will always be violent video games [Via]:
- Lemmings Touch is coming to the PlayStation Vita soon:
- Final Exam will be releasing on November 8th for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC:
Are you excited to touch some Lemmings? Let us know in the comments below.