Grand Theft Auto V Sells 1.57 Million Copies in the UK Day 1, Becomes the Fastest Selling Game Ever
We’ll keep our eyes peeled for any news of North America sales for Grand Theft Auto V, but as it stands right now, Rockstar’s latest blockbuster had an impresive first day at retail in the UK, moving 1.57 million copies and generating £65 million in revenue on the PS3 and Xbox 360, according to Chart-Track.
With these 1.57 million sold, Grand Theft Auto V passes Call of Duty: Black Ops’ previous record of 1.41 million sold (£58 million in revenue) to become the fastest selling game in UK history. The impressive numbers for GTA V also mean that it is well on its way to achieving the $1 billion in sales for the first month that analysts have been analyzing.
Did you help contribute to that 1.57 million? Let us know in the comments below.
Lots More Grand Theft Auto V:
- Grand Theft Auto V Review
- Grand Theft Auto V Cheats For PS3 – Spawn Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boosts and More
- Grand Theft Auto V’s Digital Game Manual out Today, iFruit App Coming to PS Vita, PS Mobile, Android Soon
- Always Online Requirement for GTAV Snapmatic Photos Causes Problems After Rockstar Game Services Bugs
- GTAV Special Edition Map Includes Secret Messages Under UV Light
- Grand Theft Auto V Radio Station Soundtrack – Full List of Musicians, DJs, Hosts and More, Broken Down by Stations