GTAV Makes $800 Million in 24 Hours, Breaks All Sorts of Records
We all knew that Grand Theft Auto V would make a lot of money, but damn. Rockstar have proudly announced that GTAV has made a whopping $800 million in its first 24 hours, something that excludes the upcoming launch in Japan and Brazil.
That means that GTAV will soon pass a billion dollars (if it hasn’t already), a feat that took Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 15 days to accomplish, which was a record at the time.
Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two, said:
All of us at Take-Two are thrilled with the initial response to Grand Theft Auto V. Once again, the team at Rockstar Games have outdone themselves, setting the entertainment industry’s new standard for creativity, innovation and excellence. Beginning at midnight on Monday, consumers around the world gathered in anticipation to be among the first to experience the evolution of this remarkable series. In North America alone, more than 8,300 stores opened their doors at midnight to welcome fans whose loyalty and enthusiasm were rewarded with what The New York Times called ‘the most immersive spectacle in interactive entertainment’. We are incredibly proud of Rockstar Games’ creative achievement and could not be more pleased with the success of this launch.
Did you contribute to this astonishing figure? Let us know if you made it rain in the comments below.
Grand Theft Auto Vness:
- Grand Theft Auto V Review
- Grand Theft Auto V Cheats For PS3 – Spawn Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boosts and More
- Grand Theft Auto V’s Digital Game Manual out Today, iFruit App Coming to PS Vita, PS Mobile, Android Soon
- Always Online Requirement for GTAV Snapmatic Photos Causes Problems After Rockstar Game Services Bugs
- GTAV Special Edition Map Includes Secret Messages Under UV Light
- Grand Theft Auto V Radio Station Soundtrack – Full List of Musicians, DJs, Hosts and More, Broken Down by Stations