The Catch-Up: September 18th, 2013 – There’s More People Playing Borderlands 2 Now Than at Launch, DuckTales Remastered Headed to Retail… Again
Do you think Call of Duty: Ghosts has a chance at breaking the new record set by Grand Theft Auto V?
- Brian Provinciano of Retro City Rampage fame revealed how he feels “in many cases that console games can be a lower risk” than mobile. This is because “You have a higher price point, and there’s less saturation. And players expect a game of higher quality. You also have more control over your launch promotion. You can figure out what week to launch your game, what kind of promotion… and you have higher probability of strong store placement because you’re already working with those platform managers.” [Source]
- Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox, said about Borderlands 2, “The combination of [DLC releases and sales] now means there’s more people playing Borderlands, more time being spent playing Borderlands, than there was even when we launched the game. That’s a new world for us. That’s the opposite of any pattern you see with a AAA video game.” [Source]
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Out of the Shadows, which is already out on other platforms, will have its original September 24th PS3 release date on the PSN delayed to an unspecified date. The development team issued this statement: “Please take heart in the fact that this is time the developers will spend polishing the PSN build to the highest level of quality possible, and the final experience will be better for it.” We’ll let you know when a hard date is announced. [Via, Source]
- GameStop (and Amazon through price matching) has Assassin’s Creed III and Far Cry 3 for $19.99, BioShock Infinite for $29.99, and Saints Row IV for $49.99/$44.99. [Source]
- Gamefly has used copies of BioShock Infinite for $14.99 and The Darkness II for $8.99. [Via]
- Game Access, a Canadian online video game rental service, will be adding PS4 and Xbox One games to their upcoming releases starting next week. [Get Prepared]
- Amazon Canada has PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 on sale for $10.00. [Via, Buy It]
- BandFuse: Rock Legends, which comes out in November in North America, has been given a release date of December 19th in Japan. We’ve reached out for a European release date. [Press Release]
- In a bit of a strange move, Capcom has announced that DuckTales: Remastered will be getting a physical disc release for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U on November 12th at $19.99. This comes after the digital version last month, which was closely followed by a physical release that had a voucher, with the disc release in November having the same box art as that previous physical voucher release. [Press Release]
- The expansion for Magic 2014 in North America has been delayed until September 24th on PlayStation 3. [Press Release]
- XSEED is “looking into the PS3 versions” of Trails in the Sky for the West, “but let’s focus on PC/PSP first.” [Via, Source]
- Thanks to Amazon, we can now show you the box arts for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection and Worms: The Revolution Collection:
- Dated for October 2013, Valhalla Knights 3 on PlayStation Vita gets a new video:
What do you think of Capcom doing another retail release of DuckTales: Remastered? Let us know in the comments below.