Beyond: Two Souls has a Reported Production Budget of €20 Million, Is “The Most Ambitious Title” by Quantic Dream
We’re just a couple of weeks away from Beyond: Two Souls releasing exclusively on the PlayStation 3, and if a report from French site Le Figaro is correct, the game had a production budget of €20 million ($27 million US).
If this is correct, it would be slightly behind the €22 million that Heavy Rain cost to produce, but when marketing and distribution was added to the cost of Heavy Rain, it reached €40 million. After spending all that, it ended up making €100 million, sold over 3 million copies, and had 3% of people reach the Platinum.
As part of a Beyond The Game panel discussion earlier today (via @PlayStationAU), David Cage talked a little bit about the game:
- “Beyond: Two Souls is by far the most ambitious title developed by Quantic Dream.”
- “This game is about different themes than you normally find in a video game.”
- “I’m interested in all the other emotions you find in other mediums, but not video games, yet.”
- “Developing this game has been an adventure in itself.”
- Beyond: Two Souls took over a year to write, with the script over 2,000 pages.
Will you be buying Beyond: Two Souls next month? Let us know in the comments below.