Rockstar Gives a new Update on Grand Theft Auto Online’s Status, Disables Purchase of GTA$ Cash Packs
After thanking everyone for being patient with all the issues that have hampered Grand Theft Auto Online since launch yesterday, Rockstar gave yet another status update on the state of GTA Online:
- For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.
- There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
- This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
- For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.
There’s also these two issues with the first Tutorial Race:
- Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
- Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
What do you think Rockstar should do as an apology for all the launch troubles? Nothing? Free money? Let us know in the comments below.