Amazon UK Reveals Their Top 10 Selling Games of All Time, There’s a lot of Call of Duty and FIFA
In celebration of its 15 year anniversary, Amazon.co.uk has revealed the top-selling products in their history, with Grand Theft Auto V taking home the title of fastest selling video game of all time.
While Grand Theft Auto V wasn’t able to capture the #1 spot in the video games best-sellers, it did manage to take fourth place after just one month on the market:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- FIFA 10
- FIFA 13
- FIFA 12
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Zumba Fitness
Ketu Patel, Video Games and Software Category Leader at Amazon UK, has this to say about the best sellers:
Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto and FIFA are three of the largest entertainment franchises in the world, so it’s no surprise to see them dominating the top ten best-selling games chart. The success of Skyrim suggests that there is a real appetite for epic fantasy games, whilst Zumba Fitness’s appearance in tenth place shows just how big Nintendo Wii’s fanbase is in the UK.
Some other interesting facts from Amazon UK are as follows:
- Fastest Selling Product of All Time – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book)
- Fastest Selling Album of All Time – One Direction ‘Midnight Memories’
- Fastest Selling Book of All Time – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Fastest Selling DVD of All Time – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- Best Selling Artist – Adele
- Best Selling Album – Adele ’21′
- Best Selling Single – Rage Against the Machine ‘Killing in the Name’ [Explicit]
- Best Selling Book – Fifty Shades of Grey
- Best Selling DVD – Mamma Mia!
Are you surprised to see Zumba Fitness at #10? Let us know in the comments below.