The Catch-Up: October 22nd, 2013 – SEN Store Optimized for Smart Phones, Battlefield 5 Needs “More Destruction”, Trine 2 Coming to PS4?
Tuesday means scores of launch trailers!
- When DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach was asked what it would take for Battlefield 5 to be a bigger deal than Battlefield 4 he said, “More features. More extras. More destruction. Every new game needs to be the next big thing.” [Source]
- Ahead of the PlayStation App’s release date next month, Sony has optimized the Sony Entertainment Network Store for smart phones, making your life a lot easier. [Source]
- In a listing for titles making their appearance at an upcoming Finnish gaming expo, Trine 2 was featured for PS4. While it’s possible this is a typo, Trine 2 was a Wii U launch title, so it’s possible Frozenbyte will be doing the same for PS4. [Via, Source]
- Omebline Wallon, UK Brand Manager at Ubisoft, revealed that “the Assassin’s Creed franchise has already sold over 6.6 million units in the UK.” I think that number will climb significantly by the end of the year. [Via, Source]
- If you’re interested in the Dark Souls II beta, check your PSN messages on Thursday at 11AM PST. [More Beta Info]
- Bandfuse: Rock Legends has gone gold and will be releasing on time on November 19th in North America. Pre-order at GameStop for a 15% off coupon at Guitar Center. [Press Release]
- The following songs are now available as DLC in Rocksmith 2014 Edition for $2.99 each: The Smashing Pumpkins – Cherub Rock, Them Crooked Vultures – Mind Eraser, No Chaser, Chicago – 25 To 6 Or 4, Albert King – The Sky Is Crying, Queens Of The Stone Age – My God Is The Sun, Tame Impala – Elephant, The Hives – Hate To Say I Told You So, The Lumineers – Ho Hey. [Press Release]
- You can import the songs from Rocksmith to Rocksmith 2014 Edition for $9.99, as long as you own the original game still. [Press Release]
- The Cross Play patch for Dragon’s Crown is now available in Europe as well. [Press Release]
- Aksys has revealed that Hakouki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, a choose-your-own-adventure style game where you can choose from one of six love interests, will be “coming soon” to the PlayStation 3 in North America. DLC will also be available when the game eventually releases. [Press Release]
- You can expect some new footage from Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate tomorrow. [Twitter]
- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles releases on February 25th in North America and February 28th in Europe. [Press Release]
- Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God releases in North America on December 10th for the PlayStation Vita. [Source]
- Stick it to the Man releases on PS3 through the PSN on November 19th in North America and November 20th in Europe for £9.99/€12.99/$12.99. If you pre-order it on the PSN before launch, you’ll save 20%. Stick it to the Man is a Cross Buy title and the PS Vita version will be available in mid-December. [Press Release]
- Releasing worldwide on October 29th, here’s a rundown of what to expect from Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag:
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut is now available:
- Rocksmith 2014 Edition is out today in North America and on Friday in Europe:
- Here’s the making of the #4ThePlayers video:
- Ethan: Meteor Hunter gets a launch trailer:
- Magrunner: Dark Pulse’s launch trailer has nothing to do with the Pokemon move:
- I blame SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge for me having the SpongeBob theme song in my head all day:
Did you buy any games today? Let us know in the comments below.