PS3 Will Only be Able to Display a Maximum 100 of the 2,000 People in Your PS4 Friends List; PS Vita Displays All
With the PlayStation 4 expanding the Friends List to support up to 2,000 people, Sony has decided to give us an update on how that will effect your friends list on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation App.
- PS4 – All your Friends can be displayed.
- PS3 – A maximum of 100 players can be displayed.
- PS Vita – All of your Friends can be displayed in Friends. Support for the ability to display all of your Friends in most applications and games is planned. (However, some titles will be limited to the current 100 Friends). More details below.
- PlayStation App – All of your Friends can be displayed.
For the details on which of your 100 friends will be displayed, Sony gave out this explanation:
1. If you have sent or received Friend requests that haven’t been approved yet, up to 10 of the most recent recipients and 10 of the most recent senders are displayed.
2. Your Friends are displayed:
- If the sum of players from point 1 and your currently online Friends is more than 100, your currently online Friends are displayed by online ID in alphabetical order until the limit of 100 players is reached.
- If the sum of players from point 1 and your currently online Friends is less than 100, your currently offline Friends are also displayed by online ID in alphabetical order until the limit of 100 players is reached.
3. If the sum of players from point 1 and all of your Friends from point 2 is less than 100, any remaining recipients of your Friend requests are displayed, followed by any remaining players who sent Friend requests to you, until the limit of 100 players is reached.
Note: You must sign out of PSN and then sign in again to update the players who are displayed. When doing this, also sign out of all other devices that you are signed in to PSN on.
Do you think you’ll fill up the 2,000 spots in your PS4 Friends List? Let us know in the comments below.