PS Vita System Software Update 3.00 Now Available, Check Out the Full Patch Notes
Last night, Sony released the 3.00 system software update for the PlayStation Vita, which not only adds the PS4 Link App, but a host of other features as well.
Sony has posted the full list of features and enhancements for 3.00, which you can see below:
PS4 Link App
- The PS4 Link app has been added to the PS Vita system’s home screen. With this application, you can use your PS Vita to remotely control a PS4 system, and play a range of PS4 games on your PS Vita screen. When you’re playing a game on PS4 that supports second screen features, you can also display information from that game on your PS Vita and use it as a second screen.
- The Parental Controls application has been added. You can start the application from the home screen. You can manage the duration children and teenagers can play, and the use of games and videos that have parental controls. You can also manage the ability of children and teenagers to use system features as necessary. To adjust settings, you must enter the passcode you entered when you first started the Parental Controls application.
- Panoramic Camera has been added to the LiveArea screen. You can now use Omnidirectional, Tall and Wide, and other modes to take panoramic photos. You can also view the photos you take.
- The application layout for Friends has been improved. There are now four tabs: Find Player on PSN, Friends, Friend Requests, Players Blocked.
- The Group Messaging application name and icon have been changed to Messages. The application layout has also been improved, and you can now send and receive messages with friends and players on PS4 or on mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.
- The icon for the Party application has been changed. You can now voice chat and text chat with friends and players on PS4.
- You can now sync the contacts saved in your email account from services including Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. To sync your contacts, select Contact List > Options > [CardDAV Settings] > [Add CardDAV Account], and then follow the screens.
- You can now use Wi-Fi to connect your PS Vita to a PS3, and transfer data between them. Your PS Vita and PS3 must be connected within the same network. Also, to use this feature, the system software of the PS3 you’re using must be version 4.50 or later.
- When copying PSP Game software from a PS3 system to your system, your system now checks if update data is available. If available, it is automatically downloaded. To use this feature, the system software of the PS3 system must be version 4.50 or later.
PS3 Remote Play
- The Remote Play application name and icon have been changed to PS3 Remote Play.
- “PlayStationNetwork” has been renamed “PSN”.
- [Download Update File for System Software] under [PSN] > [Automatic Update Settings] > [Update Automatically] has been moved to [System] > [Auto-Start Settings], and now anyone can use this feature.
- You can now display Trophies of PS4 software on your PS Vita. Rarity of the trophy cannot be displayed.
What do you think of 3.00 so far? Let us know in the comments below.