The Catch-Up: November 25th, 2013 – PS4 System Software Update 1.51 to be Available Online This Thursday in Europe
Only a few more days to go, Europe!
- At around noon on Thursday, November 28th, system software update 1.51 for the PS4 will be uploaded onto the European PlayStation site. This will allow you to download the update to a USB drive, then update your PS4 without using the internet. Considering what happened on November 15th with the PSN, it’s probably a good idea to be pro-active. [Twitter]
- With the PS4 launch on November 29th, Sony has detailed a bunch of different events that will be happening in your country to celebrate the release. [Check Them Out]
- The Saints Row IV DLC, How the Saints Saved Christmas, will be available on December 10th in North America and December 11th in Europe for $6.99, or free for Season Pass owners. Here’s the description: Santa is trapped inside the simulation, but the Scrooge-like boss of the Third Street Saints can’t muster enough festive spirit to save him. Can the Saints help the boss discover the true meaning of the season in time? A holiday classic for the whole family. [Press Release]
- When Tiny Brains come out for the PS4 next month, it will be $19.99, with PlayStation Plus members (at least in North America) getting a 10% discount. [Source]
- Dragon’s Crown will be on sale for $29.99 between November 26th and December 3rd on the PlayStation Store, with retail stores getting it for that price between November 29th and December 2nd. This applies to both the PS3 and PS Vita version, and appears to be US only. [Twitter]
- Surge Deluxe from FuturLab is in Sony FQA! Hopefully it passes. [Twitter]
- Monkey Paw Games gave out this update regarding the North American PSN release of Tomba! 2: “Some unforeseen technical problems popped up and slowed the progress of the release. When we have information regarding the progress of the North American release of Tomba! 2 we’ll be shouting it it from the mountain tops.” [Source]
- Assassin’s Creed: Pirates comes to smartphones and tablets on December 5th:
- Here’s the launch trailer for Putty Squad, which releases on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita soon:
Do you suspect that we have a very slow news week ahead of us? Let your thoughts be known in the comments below.