Upcoming Killzone: Mercenary Patches to Add Free Maps, PS Vita TV Support, More
Even with Killzone: Shadow Fall out now for PS4, Guerrilla Games hasn’t forgotten about Killzone: Mercenary on the PlayStation Vita, as they have a bunch of updates planned for the title in the coming months:
Update 3 – Next Few Weeks
- After installing this patch it will free up around 800MB of space for those who have already installed Updates 1 and 2.
Update 4 – January 2014
- Improves Matching.
- Helps reduce join-game connectivity problems.
- Adds an auto team re-balancing feature.
Update 5 – Early 2014
- Two new multiplayer maps for free.
- Offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes.
Update 6 – Early 2014
- Continued refinements.
- Support for playing Killzone: Mercenary on PS Vita TV.
Clearly the most interesting update is #6, as it seems to imply that PS Vita TV will be making its way to North America and Europe in 2014. We’ll likely have to wait until 2014 to see if this is true, so stay tuned for details.
Are you excited to see Guerrilla Games supporting Mercenary so much? Let us know in the comments below.