Japanese Sales Charts: Lightning Returns to Over 275,000 in Sales, PS Vita Drops Hard
While things may seem good for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII as it sits in first place, the threequel actually marks the lowest opening week sales for a Final Fantasy XIII title, with the original selling 1.5 million and XIII-2 at just over 600,000.
After a marquee week where combined PS Vita sales managed to beat the 3DS, the PS Vita hardware itself dropped over 50% to 21,044, while the PS Vita TV suffered a massive fall to 7,868, whereas it had done 42,171 in sales the week prior.
On the Nintendo side of things, Super Mario 3D World didn’t set the sales charts on fire, only moving 99.588 copies, with the Wii U only up about 4,000 week-over-week to 21,000. However, the Nintendo 3DS XL rose nearly 16,000 to 63,709.
Here’s the top 20 selling games in Japan between November 18th and 24th, according to Media Create:
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) – 277,082
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) – 99.588
- One Piece: Unlimited World R (3DS) – 83,605
- Pokemon X & Y (3DS) – 72,932
- Aikatsu! 2-ri no My Princess – 72,087
- God Eater 2 (PS Vita) – 39,052
- PES 2014 (PS3) – 35,879
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3) – 29,252
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) – 21,120
- God Eater 2 (PSP) – 20,508
- Monster Hunter Frontier G (PS3) – 19,334
- Taiko Drum Master: Wii U Version (Wii U) – 19,265
- New Atelier Rorona: The Origin Story of the Alchemist of Arland (PS Vita) – 17,536
- New Atelier Rorona: The Origin Story of the Alchemist of Arland (PS3) – 14,060
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) – 13,548
- Daigasso! Band Brothers P (3DS) – 12,635
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 (PS3) – 9,485
- Battlefield 4 (PS3) – 9,134
- PES 2014 (PSP) – 7,624
- Sentouchu Densetsy no Shinobi to Survival Battle (3DS) – 7,046
Are you surprised by the sales of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII? Let us know in the comments below.