Many Future Killzone: Shadow Fall Feedback Changes Given a Status Update
As part of their neverending
story quest to improve Killzone: Shadow Fall based on your feedback, Guerrilla Games has posted a very detailed update about their status on multiple changes/additions to the game.
You can check out the progress of everything below:
Sniper friendly Map
- As part of our free DLC, one of the first few maps being prepped for release has some long engagement distances that might help snipers suppress enemies and support their team. Of course, it is designed to have alternate routes that can help Supports and Assaults break the flank as well. Stay tuned for more news on our next map drop.
Ammo Supply Boxes Showing up on the Mini Map
- We’re not planning to have fixed ammo locations in the map, as the support class can place them anywhere in the map. However, we are working on ways to make these locations much more obvious on the radar.
In-Game voice chat
- While the game was setup to allow users to speak with the parties they created and people they trust, you have indicated this does make teamwork among strangers more difficult. As team-based gameplay is our main focus, we are currently working on this feature as a top priority. We are targeting the December update to have this functionality. It will automatically enable you to talk to your faction and will allow you to mute players (to retain that classic Killzone: Shadow Fall feel).
Being Able to Identify my Party Members
- We are designing ways for you to identify your team members and party members. One of the things we have done is print names of party members in blue on the scoreboard and in game. We’ll keep a close eye on this to see if this adds more clarity to players.
- We are in the process of designing the clan system and it will be deployed in phases. It will be better suited for Shadow Fall’s team oriented, objectives based gameplay. We expect the first deployment to be early 2014.
- Instead of an XP system, we currently add skill-based ranks based on the challenges you have completed. As the community has indicated it really would like to see a ranking system that also would show their progress as a player, we are currently designing a ranking system that celebrates this challenge progress and assigns players with rank names and accompanying icons.
Player Scorecard Split Into Teams
- We are actively looking into ways to put this information in the most logical way possible for Shadow Fall’s gameplay. No final decision on an implementation has been made yet.
- We are considering this and are currently gathering and studying our gameplay data on hip firing accuracy and whether it is working/not working as intended. We need to be very careful about tweaking the accuracy, as this could inadvertently unbalance the game in another direction. No final decision has been made yet.
- Again, we are looking into the gameplay data for Air Support drones and turrets. No final decision yet.
In-Game Party System
- We rely on the PSN party system which works across all games. We are considering creating our own party-system to accommodate more ad hoc squad based play.
Not at the Moment
Killzone 2 Style Proximity Chat
- We feel that the in game voice chat and Multiplayer battle chatter (both in development) are the first set of in game voice improvements we want. We should revisit this feature if the community still wants it after they have been listening to the new voice enhancements.
Display K/D ratio for everyone
- We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.
Co-op Mode to Have Playable Helghast
- Our team is currently working on the design of the co-op mode, and fine tuning the gameplay. Stay tuned for news on playable characters – we can’t confirm which characters you will play with at this time, but we can confirm you will not be playing as a Helghast.
Not Yet, But…
Customized Multiplayer Announcements
- Adding customized multiplayer announcements is certainly an option, but we don’t want the game to get too noisy and distracting. As we will soon be releasing a new feature that lets you customize your Multiplayer battle chatter (“reviving”, “shield activated…” etc.), we will review this feature again after that customization of MP chatter is in the game, which is targeted to be part of the December update.
Make sure to visit http://feedback.killzone.com to have your voice heard and vote on feedback.
Which of these additions/changes do you hope to see first? Let everyone know in the comments below.