New Battlefield 4 PS3 Patch Available in all Territories, Except for North America
Just like the PS4 version of Battlefield 4, PS3 owners of the game can expect a new patch, with this one fixing the one-hit kill bug and a lot more. Unfortunately, this patch is available everywhere except for North America, with DICE saying they are aiming to get it live ASAP. Here’s the full list of patch notes: General
- Reduced the risk of a crash when transitioning from one multiplayer round to another
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating decals (bullet hit effects, etc.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving vehicles
- Fixed a crash that could occur when moving outside of the intended play area
- Fixed a crash that could occur when firing the MBT and IFV gunner incendiary weapon
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Options menu
- Fixed a problem with weapon accessories using up too much memory, which in turn could lead to crashing
- Fix for stuck in infinite loading screen
- Fix for flares exploit where you could deploy flares faster by leaving and re-entering a vehicle
- Moved an infantry spawn point on Rogue Transmission at first base that was previously positioned outside of combat area
- Adjusted AT weapon at first base on Rogue Transmission from second floor barrack to outside on ground. Previously, players had to destroy a wall in order to reach the weapon
- Performance fix when firing upon large destruction objects (mostly after Levolution events)
- Minor performance optimizations
- Fix for destroyed object parts still being visible in the game world
- Smoother movement of networked objects (like vehicle turrets)
- Fix for audio randomly dropping out when driving a US tank
- SP/South China Sea: Added collision for place where player could get stuck
Field Upgrades Reactivated
- We have now fixed the Field Upgrades “Indirect Fire” and “Perimeter Defense” that were crashing the game. These Field Upgrades were previously deactivated as a workaround to this very frequent crash. With this fix in place we are now reactivating the Field Upgrades in question.
One-Hit Kill Bug Fixed
- Fixed the “one-hit kill” bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
Improved Hit Sync
- We previously removed interpolation of damage events (like you taking damage from someone shooting at you) to make them feel more responsive, but that made the damage sync suboptimal. We are committed to tweaking the sync so that it will stay more true to what you are actually seeing. The first step towards this is taken in this patch, so you should see some improvement on this now. We will continue to work on improving hit sync in the game.
Have you had a chance to play through China Rising maps? Let everyone know in the comments below.