Gran Turismo 6 Patch 1.01 Out Now: Adds Seasonal Events, Open Lobby, More
With Gran Turismo 6 now available, Polyphony Digital has released the first patch for the game, which includes all of the following:
- An ‘Open Lobby’ has been added to the online section of the MyHome screen. The Open Lobby is a mode in which you can enjoy online races and communication between players who have gathered in a network room online. You can customize the race methods and difficulty, tracks, and regulation freely. There are rooms that can be entered by anyone, as well as rooms limited to your friends. Note: This mode becomes available when the “International A License” is acquired in Career Mode.
- ‘Seasonal Events’ has been added to the online section of the MyHome screen. Seasonal events are official online events distributed by ‘Gran Turismo’, where you can test your skill against many players under the same rules. Note: This mode becomes available when the “International A License” is acquired in Career Mode.
- A ‘Message’ menu item has been added to the left side menu of the MyHome screen. Updates, event notices, and maintenance information for online users will be provided here. Some notices will also appear as scrolling text at the bottom of the MyHome screen.
- Full length of opening movie
- Fine-tuned game design (rewards, prices of cars)
For the first half of 2014, you can expect monthly content/feature updates to include new cars, tracks, community functions, the course maker, GPS functions, the APEX2 digital version, and the Ayrton Senna related content on May 1st, 2014.
Are you buying Gran Turismo 6 today? Let us know in the comments below.