DICE Unveils the Battlefield 4 Top Issues Tracker, See the Status of Upcoming Bug Fixes
Because there’s so many different problems plaguing Battlefield 4 across all platforms, DICE has decided to create the Battlefield 4 Top Issues Tracker, which compiles a list of the biggest problems in the game.
In the announcement post, DICE said that they are “committed to fixing all issues in this tracker (and more),” and while they’ve never made their trackers available to the public before, “this seems like a great way to keep you constantly updated on how we’re progressing.”
Here’s a list of all the items in their tracker, but keep in mind that they’re working on fixing smaller issues that aren’t seen below:
- Bug accounting for a quarter of the crashes on PS4. (PS4)
- EMP blur effect. (All Platforms)
- Loss of SP progress that can happen after quit and restart on PS4. (PS4)
Fix Live/In Next Patch
- One-hit kill bug where players sometimes take damage twice from the same bullet. (All Platforms)
- Game Mode ribbons are counted twice. (All Platforms)
- 4x damage from mini-guns when using Defensive specialization. (All Platforms)
- Players sometimes get stuck in kill cam after revive. (All Platforms)
- Bug accounting for a majority of crashes on next-gen/PC. (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Players sometimes become spectators while still alive in Defuse mode. (All Platforms)
- Players sometimes get stuck in revive screen. (All Platforms)
- Desynchronized game world where objects have different states for different players. (All Platforms)
- Join queue disabled on consoles. (All Consoles)
- Bug accounting for a large amount of crashes on X360. (Xbox 360)
- Squad spawn sometimes positions you under the terrain. (All Platforms)
- Hit markers and crosshairs sometimes disappear. (PC)
- Rubber banding issues for some players with solid Internet connections. (All Platforms)
- Some instances of no hit effects and no damage to opponent in your sights. (All Platforms)
- Damage received is sometimes delayed by a few frames. (All Platforms)
- Incorrect matchmaking on Xbox One. (Xbox One)
- Server browser filters are not fully functioning. (All Platforms)
- Sudden frame rate drops during certain in-game events. (All Platforms)
- The “Sound Loop Crash”. (All Platforms)
DICE then explained what each of the statuses means:
- Means we are aware of a specific issue and working to reproduce it. Often, getting a solid reproduction is what actually allows us to eliminate a bug in the end.
- Means that we have been able to reproduce an issue and are working on a fix. This might be a simple line of code or a larger task. Once we have the solution, we code, test and get it live. An issue with the label FIXING is on its way to being resolved.
- Means that we have fixed the issue in a patch that has already gone live. For example, we had a bug that accounted for a quarter of all crashes on PS4. That issue was fixed in the latest PS4 game update that went live Dec 5. Many other issues are already addressed.
Are there any issues not listed that you want fixed? Let everyone know in the comments below.