New Battlefield 4 PS4 Patch Out Now, Fixes Crashes and More
Shortly after revealing the Battlefield 4 Top Issues Tracker, DICE has issued a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4. Fixing numerous crashes, removing a blur effect, and more, here’s all the notes associated with today’s patch:
- General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4.
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds.
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks.
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer.
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen.
- Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles.
- Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain.
Even with all these changes, DICE has said they “are already working on the next update based on your feedback.”
How does Battlefield 4 run on PS4 after this patch? Let everyone know in the comments below.