Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Patch 1.08 Out Tomorrow, Adds Capture Jobs, Check Out the Details
While there’s going to be some fixes associated with patch 1.08 for Grand Theft Auto V tomorrow, the most important change will be Capture – the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online. A GTA twist on Capture the Flag, Capture includes 20 new jobs across four modes, which are accessible in Freemode.
Check out an explanation of the modes, as well as a few highlights of the Jobs, below:
- In Raid, you’ll have to fight your way into your opponents’ base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match.
- Beachin – Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren’t the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other’s stashes for control of the area’s ‘tourist trade’. Take product back to your spot and it’s yours.
- Wargames – Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other’s bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they’re banked. Nothing’s off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.
- When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.
- Block Party – Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else’s product back to their turf, they’ll have to protect it.
- As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.
- My Maibatsu – Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.
- Field of Screams – A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It’s harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.
- In Contend, there’s only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.
- Salty Snatch – Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out – two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that’s landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.
Are you excited for Capture tomorrow? Let us know in the comments below.