Zen Pinball 2 on North American PS4s Delayed Slightly, Table Import Process Detailed
Originally scheduled to release today for North American PS4s, Zen Studios has announced that Zen Pinball 2 and the Doctor Strange DLC will now release on Tuesday, December 24th. Europe, however, will be able to play Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, with the Doctor Strange DLC also releasing on time this week for PS3, PS Vita, and PS4 owners in Europe.
Zen Studios explained the slight delay:
When you’re working on a new platform with a complicated game, there might be a few hiccups along the way. Everyone at Sony working behind the scenes to make our game releases possible have been incredible and very accommodating. We’re so lucky to have an incredible team (who probably rarely get thanked) making it possible for us to get our games in your hands!
With Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, you will be able to import previously owned Zen Pinball 2 tables. Here's some details about how that works:
- The tables can only import from Zen Pinball 2 > Zen Pinball 2. You cannot import from Marvel Pinball or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. You CAN import from Marvel or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and then > PS4.
- There is no going backwards from PS4 > PS3. If you want to play the tables on PS3 in the future, we suggest you buy them on PS3 first and then import to PS4.
- For those of you who downloaded any of the applicable tables via PS+, you can import to PS4 just the same. However, if your PS+ account expires, you will lose access to the content.
And here's how the import process actually works:
- Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
- Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
- If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
- Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
- Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!
Are you disappointed by the delay, or do you already have enough to play this week? Let us know in the comments below.