Gift Givers – Download the Latest PS4 Firmware Update Now, It Will Make Your Present So Much Better
Giving someone the gift of the PS4? Then your really might want to consider updating the firmware today.
Here’s the thing – as great as the PS4 is, almost all of its best features require the latest firmware update, and an internet connection. Now, considering the PSN is already starting to buckle, it’s a safe bet that the network will be down for most, if not all, of tomorrow, so most first time PS4 users will be saddened by an inability to update their console. And even if they are able to do it, it’s no fun waiting for it to download.
So this is how to be the best father/mother/uncle/aunt/guy off the street out there. Prepare.
While the PSN still works, download update 1.52 from your computer, and put it on a USB stick (at least 400MB of free space required), so that they can put it on their PS4 this Christmas. But, for it to work, you must follow these instructions:
- On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file. Using a computer, create a folder named “PS4″. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file, and save it in the “UPDATE” folder you created in step 1. Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Encase the USB in sparkly wrapping paper.
- Add a red bow
Now, on Christmas, make sure that you/they do this.
- Turn off the power of the PS4 system completely. Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least seven seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
- Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to the PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least seven seconds. The PS4 system starts in safe mode.
- Select [Update System Software]. Follow the screens to complete the installation.
Finally, accept all the gratitude and love graciously, until you realize the gift they got you was much worse.