Killzone: Shadow Fall Patch 1.07 Downloadable Version Bug Will be Fixed in Patch 1.08, Here’s a Workaround While You Wait
Patch 1.07 for Killzone: Shadow Fall was released last week, adding in-game voice chat, color blind support, and more. Unfortunately, there was a bug discovered within the patch following its release that causes non-English downloadable versions, including the trial version, to crash. This particular bug pops up when you try to join a Warzone with a non-English downloadable version of the game without installing the English language pack.
While a fix for this is expected in patch 1.08 (arriving in 2014) for Shadow Fall, here’s a workaround you can use right now:
- From the Main Menu, click on the Options button to enter the Options Menu.
- Use L1/R1 to switch to the Language Tab.
- In the Language Tab, use the left and right buttons on the D-pad to switch to the English language.
- Press Triangle and confirm to download the English language pack.
- Once the English language pack has been downloaded, you can safely switch back to your original language setting – the English language pack only needs to be installed, not active.
For those of you who don’t have Killzone: Shadow Fall yet, keep in mind that PlayStation Plus members gain free access to the multiplayer portion until December 31st as part of their Open Weekend.
And if you want to learn a bit more about the multiplayer, Guerrilla has released part 1 of their Multiplayer Manifesto:
Have you been playing some Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer during the Open Weekend? Let us know in the comments below.