Sony Highlights 10 Indie Titles Coming to PlayStation in 2014, Includes Hell Divers and The Witness
Giving us a glimpse into the year 2014, the PlayStation UK website put up a post detailing 10 different indie titles coming to PlayStation platforms in the next 12 months. While they deleted it for some reason, Google Cache reveals the 10 games they were talking about, meaning we at least know games like The Witness, Helldivers, Transistor, and more are coming out this year.
Check out each game, along with a brief synopsis from PlayStation, below (follow the links for more information):
- 1001 Spikes - A gruelling platform game coming to PS4, PS Vita and PS3, that promises to recapture the old-school difficulty of classic arcade titles from the ’80s.
- Helldivers – A twin stick, isometric shooter that’s best played with friends – with teams of up to four players blasting away together on PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
- Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – A game that almost defies explanation; you control a flying rainbow snake that acts as transportation for the colourful characters in the game.
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4, PS Vita) – The sequel to the fantastically brutal and eminently stylish Hotline Miami.
- Hyper Light Drifter – An action role-playing game coming to PS Vita and PS4 that raised over 20 times its initial Kickstarter target.
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4) – An adventure game coming to PS4 where you must hide your deepest, darkest secret that you’re really an octopus in a bright blue suit masquerading as a human being.
- Pavilion (PS4, PS Vita) – A fourth person action game where you interact with objects to guide a man through a mysterious fantasy world.
- Secret Ponchos – An easy to pick up shooter with a spaghetti western setting, coming to PlayStation 4.
- The Witness - The new puzzle game coming to PS4 from the creator of Braid, Jonathan Blow.
- Transistor (PS4) - An action role-playing game from the makers of Bastion.
When it comes to two other indie titles, Rime and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, the post noted how they “will be coming to PlayStation platforms a little further down the line.” When Videogamer reached out to Sony about a date for these two titles, they were told that neither of them have dates yet.
“We’re currently porting to CryEngine 3.5.6, then it’s the big ship over to our first proper PS4 build, which is incredibly exciting.”
“Don’t want to give the wrong impression there though. First major PS4 build does NOT equal “not long now until release”. Early, early days..”
As for Rime, developer Tequila Works said on January 1st that we’ll hear more about the game “soon,” and while a PlayStation Vita version is tempting, it’s just going to be the PS4 version for now.
Which of the 10 titles coming out in 2014 do you want the most? Let us know in the comments below.