The Catch-Up: January 28th, 2014 – Borderlands 2 to Get Colorblind Mode; Ubisoft Shanghai Working on the Next Far Cry?
I swear I didn’t buy any EA games on PS4… Unless you count Need for Speed: Rivals.
- According to the now edited LinkedIn profile of Ubisoft Shanghai Studio Design Manager Xavier Plagnal, he has been working as “Content Director on the next Far Cry” since September 2013. Since the potential Far Cry 4 hasn’t been announced by Ubisoft, we’ll have to wait and see if this is true. [Via, Source]
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will be released in Q3 2014 (July – September). As Devolver notes, the PS4 and PS Vita versions (they list PS3 in the tweet but that may be a mistake) of the game may release after the PC/Mac/Linux, so stay tuned for a confirmed date as we get closer to Q3. [Twitter]
- For all the color blind gamers out there, Gearbox will be adding a Colorblind mode to Borderlands 2 via an update (which will include other changes/fixes) in the near future. Colorblind mode will be found at the very bottom of Video Options once the update is released, and you’ll be able to choose from three types of color vision deficiency: Deuteranopia, Protanopia, or Tritanopia. Once the update is released, we’ll let you know all about it. [Read Up on the Update and Color Blindness Here]
- With the launch of the Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC for Xbox today, an apparent leak suggests the maps in the second DLC pack, Devastation, will be called Battery, Red River, Rumble and Dome. The latter could mark a remake of the Modern Warfare 3 map. Stay tuned for more news on Devastation as it arrives. [Via, Source]
- 60-day time cards for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn are now available in North America. [Twitter]
- Midnight City, who are already bringing Slender: The Arrival to consoles, are also putting Blood of the Werewolf on PS3 and Xbox 360 in Q2 2014. The console version of the game will include a “dynamically changing Endless Challenge mode for folks looking for a serious challenge.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- The next patch for Terraria on PS Vita may not have a date yet, but it will bring the option to turn back touchscreen controls on and off. [Twitter]
- Here’s a couple of screenshots for The Wolf Among Us Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors, which is scheduled to release in the first week of February [Twitter]:
- Because he can, Hideo Kojima posted some more images pertaining to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes [Twitter]:
- Surge Deluxe is coming out soon, and FuturLab has posted a new gameplay video for the PS Vita game to get you psyched:
- Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita will be getting the Super League Football DLC soon [Source]:
- Here’s a video showing off what you get in the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition and Collector’s Edition:
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is out later next month and here’s the second developer diary:
- Currently planned as a PS4 and PS Vita exclusive, The Chainsaw Incident from Origo Games and Crazy Piranha Entertainment was recently announced. A Kickstarter is expected in the coming months [Via]:
Have you pre-ordered your copy of the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster yet?