Battlefield 4 PS3 Patch 1.07, New PS4 Patch Live: Tweaks the DMR, Fixes Issues, Preps for Second Assault
Delivering them right on time, DICE has put out the latest patch for Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 3 today, with the PlayStation 4 patch to follow later today. With the release of these updates, you may experience some downtime, so keep that in mind if you experience any intermittent issues.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for the updates today, which are the same between PS3 and PS4:
DMR Balance Tweaks
- Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.
- Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
- Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
- Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
- Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
- Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
- Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering “false” or “true” in the chat window
- Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
- Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
- Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
- Various minor crash fixes
Another thing these updates do is prep Battlefield 4 for the Second Assault expansion pack, which will have its release date announced soon.
What do you think of the DMR tweaks? Let us know in the comments below.