The Catch-Up: January 30th, 2014 – The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC Has Gone Gold!
It’s only a couple of weeks to go!
- The link may not work properly for the PS3 version, but GameStop has listed Madden NFL 2015 for pre-order. This may mean an official announcement is coming soon. [Source 1, 2]
- GameStop has also given Dying Light a release date of August 26th. Treat this as a rumor for now, but it does seem logical. [Source 1, 2]
- In Europe, inFamous: Second Son will be getting a PlayStation 4 console bundle, with the PlayStation Store version being sold at 10% off when the game launches next month. No word yet on if either of these items will come to North America, so stay tuned. [Source]
- Along with all the other Bandai Namco news today, Pac-Man Museum was given a release date of February 25th on the PS3 (Steam and Xbox 360 on the 26th) through the PlayStation Store in North America (no date given for Europe). Pac-Man Museum includes Pac-Man Championships Edition, Pac-Man Battle Royale, and more, and anyone who buys the game before March 31st will be given Ms. Pac-Man as a DLC item. She’ll cost $4.99 after that. [Press Release]
- Their website may say February 25th, but Maximum Games has confirmed that Putty Squad will get a retail release on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita next month on March 11th in North America. It will cost $29.99 across all platforms. [Press Release]
- Available solely through the PlayStation Store, Atlus will be bringing Conception II to the PlayStation Vita and 3DS in Europe during Q2 2014. Conception II is out this April in North America. [Press Release]
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will take place entirely in Mordor and there won’t be any sort of co-op, with the game “being crafted wholly as a single-player experience.” [Via, Twitter 1, 2]
- Sony Santa Monica was aware of the God of War: Ascension issues earlier today and were on it right away. [Twitter]
- Releasing on March 18th, Tecmo Koei America confirmed the Special Edition for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, which will be available “at launch in limited supply for fans that purchase the retail game” on PS3 or Xbox 360. Included in the Special Edition is an exclusive full color comic book by Dark Horse Comics, exclusive Yaiba-themed DLC costumes for both Ryu Hayabusa and Momiji for use in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, and an original soundtrack in both the PS3 (via download voucher) and Xbox 360 (included on physical disc) versions. [Press Release]
- Remember that Final Fantasy XIII recap video? Associate Product Marketing Manager Mat Kishimoto revealed that it took 6 months to make, but it “did not take any time away” from development of Final Fantasy titles. [Source]
- Aksys Games has confirmed the leak that Mind Zero for PlayStation Vita is coming West. The dungeon-crawler RPG will arrive later this year both through retail and digital in North America and Europe at $39.99, with GameStop saying it’s releasing in late May. [Source]
- Naughty Dog’s Bruce Straley posted this image on his Twitter account today, which shows how The Last of Us: Left Behind has gone gold, two weeks ahead of its February 14th release date [Twitter]:
- Peter Serafinowicz (Darth Maul’s voice, Parks & Rec) will be joining the cast of Dark Souls 2 as Mild-mannered Pate. Here’s a picture of him [Image]:
- When Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi launches on PS3 this Spring, it will have a Limited Edition that costs $59.99 and includes everything you see pictured [Press Release]:
- The Wolf Among Us Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors is out next week and Telltale Games brought out this trailer to get you excited:
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is out next month on the PlayStation Vita and here’s a new trailer:
Is the excitement for Left Behind starting to creep in? Let us know in the comments below.