Drakengard 3 Set for Release on May 20th in North America, May 21st in Europe
It’s a big day of announcements for Drakengard 3 on PS3, with Square Enix confirming the game for a North American release date of May 20th at both retail in the Square Enix Online Store and digitally via the PlayStation Store (it’ll be $49.99 at both), with Europe getting it one day later on May 21st, solely through the PlayStation Store (no price given).
When you pre-order the physical version of Drakengard 3, you’ll be given these tiered bonuses (pre-order before March 4th to receive all three):
- Tier One (Today Through March 3rd) – Receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses.
- Tier Two (March 4th – April 8th) – Unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses.
- Tier Three (April 9th – May 20th) – Receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.
There’s also a $79.99 Drakengard 3 Collector’s Edition, available only through the Square Enix Online Store. There are 5,000 copies up for grabs and here’s what’s included:
- All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
- The Complete Novella
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
- Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster
Sakura Minamida, Senior Product Manager at Square Enix, talked a little about Drakengard 3 on the PS Blog, revealing how the digital versions of Drakengard 3 won’t get access to the pre-order DLC, there are no plans to have the Standard Edition of Drakengard 3 available outside the Square Enix Online Store, and the Japanese VO DLC will be made available for sale at a later date to anyone who missed it.
Here’s the opening movie for Drakengard 3:
Will you be buying Drakengard 3? Let us know in the comments below.