EA’s FIFA World Cup 2014 Game Coming to PS3 & Xbox 360, But not PS4 & Xbox One
We first heard of a FIFA World Cup game back in October, but at the time it was said to be arriving on next-gen consoles. Well, EA today confirmed a World Cup game would be releasing this year in the form of EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, only on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Releasing on April 15th in North America and April 17th in Europe, FIFA World Cup includes 203 national teams, 7,469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, and 21 new stadiums including all 12 authentic stadiums from Brazil. You can also expect new crowd scenes with banners, flags, and seat cards in the stadiums, with Live City events shown from across the world, a new World Class Control feature that uses Response Dribbling and Pinpoint Passing, and one hundred new animations.
EA also explained a couple of the modes in FIFA World Cup:
- Road to the FIFA World Cup – The most immersive tournament mode in EA Sports FIFA history. Choose from any of the 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA and play with up to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and proceed on to the group stage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
- Road to Rio de Janeiro – Compete online with any of the 203 National Teams and progress across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities. Win the final and hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy at Estadio do Maracana in Rio.
- Captain your Country – The popular FIFA game mode returns. Work your way through the squad list and lead your country through qualifying and to FIFA World Cup glory.
- Story of Qualifying – Over 60 real scenarios taken directly from 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying. Relieve, recreate and/or change the outcome of some the best matches.
- Additional Modes include 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA Sports Football Club.
Following the announcement of EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil appearing only on PS3 and Xbox 360, EA issued this statement (via Videogamer) to anyone wondering why a PS4/Xbox One version isn’t happening:
EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PS3 as a fully featured console game. For our fans on the new generation of consoles and playing FIFA 14, we will have a range of engaging content, promotions and tournament within FIFA Ultimate Team so that those fans can experience the World Cup in unique and fun ways.
When we made the decision we considered a number of factors but most importantly we wanted to create a great game within our development resources that could reach as many people as possible and the way to do that was make our best game yet on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We gave our team the mandate of setting a laser focus on building the highest quality game for X360 and PS3 they could, and that’s exactly what they are doing.
Are you ready for another FIFA game? Let us know in the comments below.