Killzone: Shadow Fall Patch 1.09 Out Now: Adds Clans, Ability to Lock Campaign at 30fps, More
As planned, patch 1.09 for Killzone: Shadow Fall was released today, adding the first wave of clans to the game, while also bringing along some welcome features that include the ability to lock the game at 30fps during the campaign.
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Clans – While already available through the website, the functionality is now also implemented in-game. You can invite clan members to a party and clantags are now also added to the player name within the game. It can be viewed in the player card, in the friendslist, etc. You can check your friendlist by pressing touchpad or check the player card through the main menu (go to multiplayer > choose a warzone > press square > show the leaderboard & find the player you are interested in > press cross to open the player card).
- Warzone Discoverability – We have visually changed the main menu of the Multiplayer and added a top-bar from which you can browse and create new warzones. Also, we expanded the number of recommended warzones to 9 and move the friendslist to the top-right corner. This should make it easier to discover new warzones.
- New Warzone Options: Parties Allowed – You can now select the option to allow parties to join a warzone. Just go to Multiplayer > Create your warzone > go to settings with R1 > Check ‘Parties Allowed’ at the bottom.
- Checkpoint Saving – We have added additional checkpoint saving to save on every revive event, giving more save points throughout the campaign.
- Ability to Lock to 30FPS in Campaign Mode – To guarantee a steadier framerate in the campaign mode, players can now lock their game to 30fps via the options menu.
- VC30 Exploit Fixed – The exploit that let users with a VC30 equipped with the flashlight increase their range has been fixed.
- Other – Fixed some bugs that should improve overall performance and rid the game of some collision/exploits in various maps.
To see what Guerrilla Games is working on right now in Killzone: Shadow Fall, check out their changelog, which was updated yesterday.
The Killzone Twitter account also addressed the upcoming patch for Killzone: Mercenary that adds offline Botzone and new maps by saying, “We’re hard at work and it’s coming soon – not much more we can confirm yet.
What do you think of the new patch so far? Let us know in the comments below.