The Catch-Up: February 11th, 2014 – Hideo Kojima Reveals Metal Gear Solid 2 Easter Egg
Did you wish Shuhei Yoshida a Happy Birthday?
- Announced yesterday around the same time as all the craziness with the PlayStation Media Event, No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! will be coming to the PlayStation Vita this Spring. It will be a free-to-play hunting puzzle game where you play as a God of Destruction who must use their “evil power of destruction to defeat more than 200 quirky looking heroes in 64 levels of match-three puzzles.” [Source]
- Also announced yesterday, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma is coming to the PlayStation Vita this Summer (the PS3 version is out in March) as both a retail and digital release. All DLC for the game will be Cross Compatible for both versions, with a Limited Edition for the PS3 version now available for pre-order. [Source]
- Based off a recent ESRB rating, Neo Contra will be available as a PS2 Classic soon in North America. [Source]
- Far Cry: The Wild Expedition, a retail compilation of Far Cry Classic , Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, has seen a slight delay and will now release in the UK on February 21st. [Press Release]
- Want to listen to the music of The Last of Us? Volume 2 of the soundtrack is now available on Amazon.
- The demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be available in Europe tomorrow. North America received it today. [Source]
- Hideo Kojima took to his Twitter account recently to say, “Pans hanging in the kitchen of tanker appeared in MGS2, each one has musical scale that could plays the music as you shoot them by gun.” Can you resist the urge to go back and test this for yourself? [Twitter]
- Hideo Kojima also said, “Recently I get comments that The Boss looks like Cate Blanchett, but my image for The Boss was and is Charlotte Rampling.” [Twitter]
- Shahid Ahmad tweeted earlier today, “So there you go. Looks like Risk of Rain will be coming to Vita. :-).” [Twitter]
- Not stopping there, Ahmad also said that he’d ask to get Broforce on the Vita if his tweet got over 100 retweets. Well, the tweet is at over 170 retweets so I guess he’ll be asking! [Twitter]
- Before the new game comes out next week, watch this retrospective for Strider:
- The new Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag multiplayer DLC, Guild of Rogues, includes three characters: The Siren, The Stowaway, and The Shaman:
- Far Cry Classic is out this week on PS3 and here’s the launch trailer:
- The new game bundles from 2K and Bethesda (Borderlands 2 + Dishonored and Skyrim + BioShock Infinite) are now available in stores for $29.99. Check out the mash-up trailer for the bundles below:
- Here’s a Class Trial trailer for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc:
- Here’s part 3 of Thief’s Stories from the City video series:
- Something else announced yesterday is that Invizimals: The Alliance on PS Vita and Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom on PS3 will be arriving in North America later this year. As well, Nick Accordino of SCEA teased that the PSP Invizimals games might be coming to the PSN so PS Vita users can catch-up on the series [Source]:
- In case you were worried, Murasaki Baby will also be coming to North American PS Vitas later this year:
Did you buy anything on this rather busy Tuesday?