MLB 14: The Show out for PS3/PS Vita on April 1st, PS4 in May
With the baseball season quickly approaching, Sony has announced that MLB 14: The Show will be released on April 1st for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, with the PS4 version out one month later in May.
Ramone Russell, Community Manager at SCEA San Diego, highlighted much of what you can expect from MLB 14: The Show, which includes over 50 new features and improvements:
- Quick Counts will cut game completion times in half.
- A new UI has been built from the ground up for PS4 to maximize efficiency and responsiveness. The new UI will also be carried over to the other versions.
- Year-to-year saves will allow you to carry over your MLB 14 progress to next year’s game and beyond.
- “Online Franchise expands upon Online Leagues of seasons past, introducing multi-season play with Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency, and CPU Trades.”
- There will be Cross Saves across all three versions of MLB 14.
- They’ll talk about it at a later date, but Road to the Show “will continue its evolution.”
- Community Challenges that allow you to choose from scenarios in the past, present, or something new can be created and customized easily, then get shared online.
- “An expanded, smarter Universal Profile now tracks player tendency. Train your Profile and sub it into Diamond Dynasty games to give your human opponent a better matchup than just the CPU.”
- Add-ons have been simplified by putting everything into a Universal Currency called Stubs. Ramone stresses that you don’t need to spend any real world money on Stubs to get the full gaming experience, and you’ll be able to earn Stubs through gameplay, with the rate you earn Stubs being “intentionally generous.”
Here’s some screenshots for MLB 14: The Show (the comparison shot is the PS4 version on top, PS3 version on the bottom):
To give us a look at the PS3 version of MLB 14: The Show, Sony released this video:
As for the cover athletes, we have Miguel Cabrera on the standard MLB 14: The Show box, while Brett Lawrie will be on the Canadian cover of the game.
More details about MLB 14: The Show will be given later this month, and we have a preview of the game from Sony’s recent media event going live later today.
Which system(s) are you planning on buying MLB 14 for? Let us know in the comments below.