Killzone: Shadow Fall Insurgent DLC Pack Detailed, Releases in April (Update)
Update: Senior Online Producer Samrat Sharma confirmed that the co-op expansion will be the second content pack in the Season Pass and details will be revealed soon. As well, you will be getting new trophies with The Insurgent Pack, though they have yet to be detailed.
Original Story: With the new DLC maps for Killzone: Shadow Fall now available for free in North America and Europe through the PlayStation Store, Guerrilla Games has looked towards the future of their PS4 game, detailing the first multiplayer expansion: The Insurgent Pack.
The Insurgent – A brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal
- The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By Using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
3 New Abilities – Scout, Support, and Assault get additional abilities
- E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
- Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
- Guard Drone – The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
3 New Weapons – Weapons for the Scout, Assault, and Support
- M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
- L512 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
- Sta14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
New Single Player Difficulty: Elite Mode
- 3 lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadow Fall campaign to test your mettle.
New Online Collectibles
- A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
Insurgent Personalisation Pack
- 1 OWL Skin
- 3 Spotlight Moves
- 1 Voice Over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices
Here’s two videos showing off those free maps for Killzone: Shadow Fall – The Cruiser and The Hangar:
Are you excited for the new DLC pack next month? Let us know in the comments below.