inFamous: Second Son Patch 1.01 Brings 5 Hours of Extra Gameplay
It looks like the details given out through the official changelog on PS4 for patch 1.01 in inFamous: Second Son is just a brief overview of what is actually a very content-filled update for the game launching tomorrow.
After downloading the 300MB or so patch when you pick up the game, the biggest thing you’ll be given is the Paper Trail storyline (via Videogamer), which gives you 19 free story missions, exclusive web content, and roughly 5 hours of gameplay as you follow the trail of origami doves to learn the full story behind the DUP’s occupation of Seattle. This new content will be doled out over the next six weeks, and is co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment.
Elsewhere with the update, you can expect the pre-order bonus of Cole’s Legacy DLC to be ready (it adds four missions and is about 1 hour long), boss fights that have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun (along with having more dynamic behaviors and attacks), and the following balancing and technical improvements:
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and DUP raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
Are you excited for Paper Trail? Let us know in the comments below.