Full PS Vita Firmware Update 3.10 Details: Ups 100 App Limit to 500, More
Last night, firmware update 3.10 for the PlayStation Vita became available to download. One of the biggest features brought along with this new update is the increase of apps on the home screen from 100 to 500, a feature people have been asking about for months and months now.
Here’s a brief list of the changes brought along in 3.10:
- You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
- A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
- A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
- You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.
Messages – You can now send and receive voice messages.
- Select [Attach] on the message entry screen, then follow the subsequent screens.
Calendar – You can start the application from the home screen.
- In the Calendar application, you can manage upcoming events. When creating an event, you can associate an application, such as a game, and add information about friends who might participate in the event. You can also send the event to others using applications such as Messages and Email, and sync events with Google Calendar.
Content Manager – [Manage Content on Memory Card] has been added to the LiveArea screen.
- You can now verify the allocation of data on the memory card, delete applications and saved data and manage content.
- Due to this feature update, [Settings] > [Application Data Management] has been removed.
- Up to 500 application icons can now be displayed on the home screen. This includes icons inside folders.
- You can now change the title of a message with two or more other members, if the message has [Messages with other players] displayed next to it. From the message entry screen, select [Options] > [Change Title].
- You can now prevent PlayStation Store from opening. You can also use Parental Controls to adjust settings for a service to block the display of offensive websites. Select [Features] > [Trend Micro Web Security]. You might be charged to use this service.
- [Size] has been added as a sorting option for items in the content list.
- You can now perform a keyword search for content on a connected computer. The list of categories or content on the connected computer is displayed on your system, and you can select [Search] in the upper left corner of the screen.
- You can now adjust settings so that the screen does not automatically rotate when you move or tilt your PS Vita system. To stop the screen from rotating, view any image or video, and then select [Options] > [Settings] > [Rotate Screen Automatically] to switch off the feature.
- [Freeform] has been added as a shooting mode for the panoramic camera.
- [Date & Time] > [Daylight Saving] has been removed, and [Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically] has been added. To make automatic adjustments for daylight saving, enable this feature. This feature is only available if you set your region in [Date & Time] > [Time Zone] to a region that implements daylight saving.
- [30 Minutes] has been added as a setting for [Power Save Settings] > [Enter Standby Mode Automatically].
- You can now use a Bluetooth keyboard with the PS Vita system. You can enter English or Japanese text.
What do you think of 3.10 so far? Let us know in the comments below.