The Catch-Up: March 27th, 2014 – Minecraft: PS3 Edition Gets Skin Packs, Patch 1.04
Good news, everyone! The Resistance server shutdown that was planned for tomorrow will instead happen on April 8th! Yay!
- Patch 1.04 for Minecraft: PS3 Edition was released today, alongside some new content packs for the game. You can check out the content packs here on the PlayStation Store (Skin Pack 1, Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, Plastic Texture Pack, and City Texture Pack), with patch 1.04 required for them to work. In regards to the Xbox One version of Minecraft (and presumably the PS4 and PS Vita versions), 4J Studios said, “Still a lot to be done, but we’re getting there.” [Twitter 1, 2, 3]
- In good news for UK game developers, the European Commission has approved tax breaks for the UK video game industry. Commission VP in Charge of Competition Policy Joaquín Almunia said: “Our initial doubts have been dispelled. The proposed aid for video games is indeed focusing on a small number of distinctive, culturally British games which have increasing difficulties to find private financing.” There are, of course, stipulations to the tax breaks, but this will be a huge help to all UK-based game developers who meet the criteria. [Via 1, 2, More Info 1, 2]
- Developer Playrise Digital and publisher Ripstone have confirmed that Table Top Racing is in development for the PlayStation Vita. With over 3.7 million downloads through the App Store and Google Play already, Table Top Racing on Vita will feature a brand new accelerator and brake control, high detail graphics, more responsive handling, and it uses the rear touch pad. You can expect the game this Spring, with more details to arrive soon. [Press Release]
- Both Call of Duty: Ghosts and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will be enjoying Double XP weekends this weekend. [Twitter 1, 2]
- The second Paper Trail mission in inFamous: Second Son goes live tomorrow (March 28th) at 9AM PT/12PM ET. [Twitter, FAQ]
- Be quick! The PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade program expires tomorrow, March 28th, for Battlefield 4 and March 31st for Call of Duty: Ghosts and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. [Source]
- Until March 28th, Gamefly has used copies of Beyond: Two Souls and Tales of Xillia for $19.99, and used copies of Knack for $24.99. [Get Them]
- If you’re having trouble downloading the latest maintenance update for Warframe on PS4, make sure you have firmware update 1.62 installed on your PS4. [Twitter]
- Enemy Front from CI Games has been given a release date of June 10th in North America and June 13th in Europe for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC:
- God of War gets an Honest Trailer:
- Insisting that it releases on May 9th in North America and Europe, Bound by Flame for the PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC was given a full gameplay trailer today:
- Here’s a walkthrough for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, featuring gameplay from the PS4 version:
Bound by Flame: yea or nay?