Here’s How to Upgrade Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn From PS3 to PS4
Going live early this morning, you are now able to upgrade your PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to the PS4 version. Then, you can begin playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn when it officially launches on Monday, April 14th, or if you have Early Access, you can start playing today.
First up, here’s a couple pieces of important information regarding the upgrade:
- If you’ve played Final Fantasy XIV on PS3, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free.
- The upgrade will be available from today until at least the end of the year.
- Make sure that you’ve logged in on your PS3 version at least once, so it’s correctly registered in our systems.
- Remember that you will not be able to access the game from your PS3 anymore after the upgrade to PS4 has taken place!
With all that out of the way, here’s the 2-step process on doing the upgrade:
Step 1: Get Your Promotion Code
- First of all, log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix account, visit the account services page, and select the service account that you want to upgrade.
- Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
- You’ll now be presented with the details of the upgrade campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you’re done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next.”
- On this page you’ll be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you’ve selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
- If all is in order, click on “Upgrade.”
- You’ll now be displayed with a summary and your promotion code to download the game from PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Redeem Your Promotion Code
- Boot up your PS4, log in to your PlayStation account, and go to PlayStation Store. Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.
- Select “Redeem Codes” from the option menu displayed at the bottom left of the screen and enter the promotion code.
- When you’ve done so and confirmed the regulations, you can start the download.
- If something goes wrong with the download, you can try to restart it using the “Library” option in the PlayStation Store menu.
Note: If you participated in the second PS4 beta, Step 2 is optional, as you already have the game client installed on your system and only need to update it. You still need to go through step 1, though!
Still have more questions about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Check out this FAQ.
Are you going to be doing the upgrade? Let us know in the comments below.