Tales From the Borderlands Gets Screenshots, Game Details
With the first episode slated to launch this summer on unannounced platforms, Telltale Games has revealed some screenshots for Tales From the Borderlands, their upcoming episodic collaboration with Gearbox:
Explaining why Telltale Games is making an episodic game set in the Borderlands universe is Producer Adam Sarasohn:
Because, if you pause to take a breath between shooting everything in sight and stealing your buddies’ loot in multiplayer, you’ll know that Borderlands features some amazing characters and stories in a world that’s rich in dark humor. Handsome Jack, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Angel, Moxxi, Zer0… it’s a big list. We (Telltale) are all about compelling characters and stories, and we see an amazing opportunity to build on what Gearbox has created.
Gearbox’s world is huge. The main Borderlands games and the DLC have only scratched the surface; they’ve built a world that rivals Star Wars in its richness. That sounds like crazy hyperbole, but the details, the characters, and the history are all there. You just haven’t seen it all yet.
Pandora has a wealth of stories to offer, and Gearbox wants them told. Telltale is going to collaborate with you through the choices that you make to get some of those stories out there, and to create a brand new Borderlands experience. If you play Borderlands simply for the sake of shooting stuff, then you might not be a fan of Tales, but if you enjoy being on Pandora, hanging out with and finding out more about all of the amazing characters, and/or you’ve enjoyed what we did in The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, then this might be a game series for you.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the things Tales From the Borderlands will offer:
- The loot grabbed in Tales From the Borderlands will be available to use “in other areas of the Borderlands franchise.”
- Each episode will be $4.99, or you can buy a Season Pass to save you money.
- The choices you make will create your own version of the story across the entire season.
- The series takes place after the events of Borderlands 2.
- You’ll play through the viewpoints of Rhys, who works for Hyperion, and Fiona, a fast-talking con artist.
- Both Rhys and Fiona have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions.
When Telltale Games gives out further information regarding Tales From the Borderlands, we’ll let you know.